Assessed Activity 5.1 PLN





        
                           PLN 
               
                                                                    (Personal Learning Network)




                                                   Picture found at http://academictribe.co/


5.1.1 I participated in a live streaming PLN presentation in which the quest lecturer was Joyce Seitzinger from  Melbourne, Australia, Joyce is an Education Technologist, she worked at EIT a while ago as an E - learning advisor, alot of her work was around learning to use Moodle.
Joyce created her own company called Acedemic Tribe, this is an E - learning company. 
Joyce also works as a digital coach, educating people on identifying and defining their own digital presence online then using their personal PLN to monitor and manage their professional and social network.
Joyce showed me how influential networking has been on my education and how we all have our own unique learning network that we have created over time, for me it started with chat rooms and MySpace, but as my learning network evolved over time, it became a more modifiable and user friendly PLN, today I use Twitter and Blogs for social information and LinkedIn, EIT Online and my Bookmarks for work related connections. 


5.1.2  ConM's PLN



Click picture to enlarge


5.1.3 This is my PLN as seen on my wiki page




And can be found on the wiki here


5.1.4 What I learned most from Joyce s presentation was the ability to actually view my own PLN and see how it evolved over time, the PLN was able to categorise my networks into a way I could understand through seeing my habits, goals, preferences and my chosen communities.
My PLN puts my social network into a simple but informative perspective, it shows me my goals and why I have chosen certain networks and how I am being seen online by other people, it also shows me how I'm connecting with information and which networks I'm using to make those connections.
Using my PLN I can control the amount of information Im connecting with, I can see which networks are important and which are not, and modify my PLN for improvement.


No comments:

Post a Comment